Easy-to-Use and Full-Featured Automatic Self-Leveling Grade Lasers
Based on the successful Universal laser UL633, the Spectra Precision® GL6X2 single- and dual grade lasers offer automatic self-leveling in grade, horizontal and vertical planes. Both feature grade capability of ± 25% and can be used in a wide variety of grading, excavating and alignment applications by general and specialty contractors.
The GL612 and GL622 include the RC602 full-function radio remote control. Both the remote and lasers have a large, intuitive graphic displays and keypads that make setups easier and faster than ever. The displays are also backlit for ease of viewing. With the remote, contractors can do everything that they can do at the laser keypad, up to 100 meters away. The ability to make grade changes and start automatic alignments remotely can significantly reduce setup time and speed operations.
Each laser system includes the advanced HL750 Laserometer that provides a digital readout of elevation and can be used at an operating diameter of up to 800 meters. The CR600 receiver is also an option when a machine mounted display elevation is required.
With the HL750, several advanced features of the GL600 series can be utilized:
Grade Match: Wireless communication between the HL750 Laserometer and the transmitters provide automatic Grade Matching which allows measurement of unknown grade values between two points.
Plane-Lok: For applications that require maximum stability and accuracy, PlaneLok is available in both the horizontal and vertical planes. PlaneLok automatically locks the beam on the receiver and keeps it on grade, reducing typical environmental factors that may induce an error.
Automatic Axis Alignment (GL622 only): Automatic axes alignments can be accomplished by positioning the receiver at the direction hub in a range of +/-40° at the desired laser axis. This allows contractors to easily perform dual axis alignments for grade work applications such as sports fields, parking lots, tennis courts, driveways or any irregular field with non-perpendicular grade profiles.
In addition, the HL750 Laserometer can communicate with another HL750 for long-range wireless remote display and monitoring.
With its rugged design, the GL612 and GL622 can survive a drop of up to 1 meter (3 feet) on concrete. The lasers also feature IP67 moisture and dust sealing to handle the tough construction environments.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic electronic self-leveling provides fast, easy horizontal level, grade, and vertical plumb setup
- Large compensated grade range from -25% to +25%
- Quick setups with the radio remote control for horizontal, vertical and grade applications
- Electronic Leveling Vibration Filter dampens vibrations typically experienced on tall tripods, in high winds or on high vibration jobsites.
- No rework due to automatic temperature compensation
- Automatic Axis Alignment on the GL622 provides precise automatic axis alignments to a desired alignment point
- Grade Match measures and displays the existing grade over unknown ground and eliminates time consuming and error prone calculations
- PlaneLok automatically locks on to an existing elevation or vertical alignment point which eliminates all drift or possibility of error due to improper calibration or weather
- Very rugged, survives a 1 m (3 ft) drop on concrete – reduces service and repair costs
- Mask mode eliminates interference with other crews on the jobsite
- Adjustable rotation speeds plus Scanning Mode on the GL622 increase the versatility of the laser allowing use in interior applications
- General construction leveling such as forms, footers and pads
- Dual slope grading and steep slope excavating
- Precision placement of concrete for critical specification surfaces over long distance and with laser controlled screeds
- Drift free general construction vertical alignment and plumb for anchor bolt installation, plus form, tilt up and curtain wall plumbing
- Slope work for sports fields, driveways, ramps and parking garages
General construction leveling such as forms, footers and pads
Dual slope grading and steep slope excavating
Precision placement of concrete for critical specification surfaces over long distance and with laser controlled screeds
Drift free general construction vertical alignment and plumb for anchor bolt installation, plus form, tilt up and curtain wall plumbing
Slope work for sports fields, driveways, ramps and parking garages
- Interior construction – layout of walls and installation of drop ceilings