The Applanix POS AV is a hardware and software system specifically designed for direct georeferencing of airborne sensor data. By integrating precision GNSS with inertial technology, POS AV enables geospatial projects to be completed more efficiently, effectively, and economically. Supported by Applanix' industry expertise and technological innovation, POS AV is engineered for aerial cameras, scanning lasers, imaging sensors, synthetic aperture radar, and LIDAR technology.
The Applanix POS AV provides the aerial survey and remote sensing industry with a revolutionary method of georeferencing data. Direct Georeferencing is the direct measurement of sensor position and orientation (also known as the exterior orientation parameters), without the need for additional ground information over the project area. These parameters allow data from the airborne sensor to be georeferenced to the Earth or local mapping frame. Examples of airborne sensors include: aerial cameras (digital or film-based), multi-spectral or hyper-spectral scanners, SAR, or LIDAR. All POS AV systems integrate seamlessly with the Track’Air Flight Management System
- Provides an accurate real-time and post-mission solution for all motion variables including sensor-specific Exterior Orientation (EO) parameters using Direct Georeferencing
- Eliminates the requirement for aerotriangulation and a complete ground control survey (often only check points for quality control are needed)
- Streamlines and automates the data workflow and quality control processes
- Allows for single stereo model mapping and single photo orthorectification using an existing Digital Elevation Model
- Improves productivity in traditional aerial mapping applications, which translates into operational time and costs savings, with increased accuracy
- Easily integrated with digital cameras, film cameras, LIDAR systems, SAR systems, and digital scanners
- Ideally suited to inhospitable environments and rapid response applications where ground control is not available
- PCS: POS Computer System. Ruggedized, low-power, light-weight, small format, with built-in logging. Includes embedded state-of-the-art survey grade GPS receiver.
- IMU: Inertial Measurement Unit. Ruggedized, state-of-the-art, small format, light-weight, with high measurement rates
- POSPac: Post-processing software bundle. Includes Carrier Phase DGPS processing, Integrated Inertial/GPS processing, and optional photogrammetry tools for EO generation, IMU boresight calibration and quality control.
- Optional Integrated Track'air Flight Management System: Mission planning, pilot display, and in-air POS AV and sensor control for maximum in-flight task automation and operational efficiency