The Trimble Digital Sensor System (DSS) Tactical RapidOrtho system is a complete, ruggedized, turnkey digital aerial imaging solution for emergency first responders and military operations. Generating ortho products in seconds per image, and complete orthomosaics within hours of a mission, Trimble DSS Tactical RapidOrtho lets you deliver decision-ready map products in the field.
The system integrates a medium-format aerial camera, a flight management system, a GNSS-Aided Inertial Direct Georeferencing system and a full suite of processing software. An available 250mm tactical lens option allows sub-10cm resolution at safe flying heights. DSS is certified as mapping-grade by the USGS.
- High resolution images from safe flying heights: 250mm lens option allows centimeter-scale ground sample distances (GSD).
- Field-proven: deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq; in use with NOAA, NRL, FBI, and the Canadian DND.
- Ultra-fast image delivery: on-board processing and our unique direct georeferencing allow for the rapid generation of map-ready ortho products within hours of landing.
- Consistent, reliable, highly accurate mapping-grade results: mapping-grade system, as characterized by NASA Stennis, meets USGS and NASA image geometry and standards for mapping applications.
- Rapid deployment: Trimble DSS equipment is portable, rugged, tested for pressure, temperature and vibration. Trimble DSS can be operated by either 1 person or 2, minimizing the risk of in-field downtime. Installation on single-engine aircraft or light helicopter platforms can be completed within 1 hour.
- Rugged, battle-hardened complete solution:
- Ruggedized hardware
- Flight planning software
- Ortho software, DEM generation, and moreâ€”all customizable to your needs
- Integrated computer-controlled azimuth mount for improved efficiency and automatic DEM extraction
- Integrated direct georeferencing and sensor calibration
- Field changeable metric lenses with various focal length options, providing maximum flexibility for all flying scenarios
- Direct Georeferencing for faster production of quality orthorectified imagery without the time, cost, or potential risk of placing personnel in dangerous environments.
- RapidOrtho Output: Achieve situational awareness in minutes instead of hours; using pre-existing DEM data. Individual 39MP orthophotos in under 12 seconds per image.
- High-Precision RapidOrtho Output: Perform high accuracy mapping, change detection, and more; using self-extracted DEM; post-processed for extremely high orthophoto accuracy.
- Three Applanix AeroLens™ options: 40mm, 60mm, 250mm. Designed and manufactured specifically for airborne environment by Carl Zeiss.
- 250mm Tactical Lens option allows centimeter-scale images from safe flying heights (over 10,000 feet).
- Focal Plane Shutter with shutter speeds up to 1/4000 sec enabling automatic exposure control over most demanding scenes and minimizing motion smear.
- TrueSpectrum Image Chain Analysis for color and color infra-red (CIR) imagery, producing seamless mosaics.
- Radiometric Calibration for optimum color balancing.
- Applanix POSTrack™ Integrated Flight Management System.
- Applanix POSPac MMS™ software, providing a complete directly georeferenced mapping workflow capability within a single GUI, allowing users to launch commands and adjust parameters within a single software suite.
- Seamless integration with Trimble INPHO software (supplied), giving users high processing speed and automation in orthophoto and mosaic production.