PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide quality, cost efficient repair and maintenance support services on all equipment sold fulfilling the sales to support value offering to clients.
Quality Technical Support
- Identify and solve product problems by troubleshooting, installing programs, replacing circuit boards, soldering, electronic and mechanical adjustment of equipment and thoroughly discussing problems and solutions to customers.
- Complete job card for service/parts, ensuring a detailed ‘patient’ files are documented and kept ensuring every job is completed professionally and according to standards.
- Process jobs in accordance to priority of required completion.
- Liaise with clients on extraordinary costs, talking them through the problems and solutions identified, as well as highlighting any potential disruptions to the customer’s operations, and gaining their approval, before continuing with planned service.
- Conduct all repairs and maintenance according to manufacturer specifications to protect against the risks associated to a machine or equipment.
- Ensure quality objectives of resources, procedures, and standards used in the maintenance process are met by following quality control measures.
- Manage replacements and / or repair of DOA’s or faulty equipment under warranty repair via suppliers.
- Maintain knowledge on specialised product line i.e. Trimble MGIS, SP Lasers (repairs/ service-bulletins/ tools/ spares), as well as uphold capabilities on non-specialised product lines.
- Respond to customer service and repair issues in a timely manner and resolve using the NCR methodology.
- Provide consistent, quality customer service by also closing out service requests with customer call backs and/or surveys to ensure satisfactory service delivery.
- Build credibility with customers by delivering on promises to the highest standards.
- Provide quality support to internal customers, helping to best serve external customers and promote the interests of the company.
- Assist the Service Centre Manager (SC Manager) to maintain and keep track of stock levels by understanding the forecasting method and assisting with regular stock audits.
- Liaise with SC Manager on procurement needs.
- Continuously uphold general admin duties such as following up on orders, maintenance of the service centre instruments and keeping a neat and organized workspace.
- Provide detailed quotes indicating costs and planned repairs/maintenance.
- Verify creditworthiness of customer by following required internal procedures to ensure payment by customers.
- At all times uphold the relevant Health and Safety practices.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Minimum Requirements [Compulsory]
- Diploma or national certificate in electronics (light current).
- 3 Years technical experience in Drone / UAV electronic repairs to components and/or circuitry.
- Proven experience as a Service Centre Technician in the Drone / UAV industry.
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment (problem solving).
- Ability to fly drones.
- Must be able to read and interpret measuring equipment.
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Good near vision is required.
- Basic IT proficiency.
- Meticulous, precise and detail orientated.
- An advanced technical knowledge of TRIMBLE Geospatial products & services and/or surveying equipment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Understanding of industry/ applications/ solutions/ customer requirements.
Attitude / Approach
- Accountability & Integrity.
- Reliability regarding services offered/ promised to customers.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid un-endorsed driver’s license and own transport.
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields