PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Together with the various departments, responsible for growing the OPTRON Group footprint within the mining sector across South Africa and Africa, through positioning the OPTRON Group at customer HOD & Mine Manager levels (hereinafter referred to as clients).
- Responsible for understanding the mining sector, clients’ operational and tactical needs to identify opportunities for OPTRON Group to address these needs through existing or new solutions and technologies in collaboration with the GM’s, NSM, RSM, SM, and NBT (hereinafter referred to as relevant internal stakeholders).
- Provide input to OPTRON Groups’ mining industry strategy and work with the various people involved to execute on this strategy.
- Plan, direct & co-ordinate the mining division for successful strategy implementation and future sustainability while driving operational efficiency in relevant processes and systems within the division.
- Provide input to the development of annual budgets for the mining industry and monitor and control allocated budgets on a monthly basis.
- Report key metrics and changes within the mining landscape, and performance of the mining segment.
- Work collaboratively with mining clients and internal stakeholders to embrace the digital world in terms of new technologies.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the mining value chain (in breadth and depth) to identify technology gaps in the mining sector and guide the relevant internal stakeholders’ efforts along this value chain and gaps to position OPTRON Group as a solution provider to such gaps.
- Stay abreast of market competition and devise tactical plans to always remain competitive while also keeping up to date with industrial needs and innovations.
- Develop a deep understanding of mining clients, their drives and needs, to drive alignment to what the OPTRON Group has to offer in relation to where such clients are within the technology curve.
- Identify and fill value added services opportunities with key mining client, providing total value-added solutions across the mining value chain by building strong business cases therefore to the client.
- Drive new lead generation, development of business proposals and key account management for all new and existing mining clients.
- Drive the retention and growth of OPTRON Group footprint within existing and new clients, both horizontally (into other departments) or vertically (deeper down into various departments) to increase sales pipelines.
- Drive product sales through GM’s, NSM’s and RSM’s by providing an entrance/introduction to new and existing client environments.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Develop new and nurture existing business relationship with suppliers and clients through ensuring satisfactory delivery from all areas of the customer 360 degree experience (from initial engagement to sales, delivery and implementation cycles).
- Engage on and resolve customer complaints at an HOD/Mine Manager level quickly and efficiently through direct involvement with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Keep key clients updated on the latest products and technologies that can provide value to their organisations and operations.
- Conduct regular reviews from CRM programs/tools to stay abreast of and manage operational interactions with existing and potential mining customer in collaboration with NSM and GMs.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Minimum Requirements [Compulsory]
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Mining Sector, with at least 3 years’ solid experience in engagement and business development (at HOD/Mine Manager level)
- A Degree / Diploma in Mining Engineering, or other related field
- Experience in Strategy implementation and driving operational efficiency
- A solid understanding of the Mining value chain – in order to identify technology gaps
- Diploma or certificate in business administration, strategic management or business development will be an advantage.
- Experience in lead generation, development of business proposals and key account management will be an advantage
Skills / Knowledge
- Understand sales processes and business acumen.
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinking.
- Ability to effectively liaise and build relationships with clients.
- Ability to work independently and proactively (self-starter and motivator).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Good organisational and coordination skills.
- Understanding of industry/ applications/ solutions/ customer requirements.
- Technical knowledge of the working of a mine.
- In depth knowledge of mining industry value chain.
- Ability to convey technical information and provide engineering/mining expertise at a business level.
- Up to date knowledge and awareness of all safety procedures in the mining industry.
- Understanding of OPTRON product & solution portfolio will be advantageous.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft office).
- Ability to navigate client governance and processes with diplomacy (navigate corporate politics)
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions
Attitude / Approach
- Accountability/ Integrity in sales, expense & delegation issues.
- Reliability regarding services offered/ promised to customers.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport.
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis (70% of the time).
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or e-mail your detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields