PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Accountable for upholding sales processes and activities according to defined policies and procedures within OPTRON and act as liaison for sales managers and customers to ensure continuous quality service delivery to customers.
- Fulfil all quote requests from sales managers by capturing quote information on CRM system, verifying items, descriptions and pricing, obtaining authorization, completing quotes in Accpac and submitting quotes to sales managers and customers.
- Assist with walk-in sales through efficient and friendly service delivery.
- Convert accepted quotes into active orders using Accpac and ensure all customer, order and invoice details are correct and continuously kept updated.
- Confirm stock availability to fulfil orders.
- Ensure payment methods and terms are clarified and authorised.
- Complete order generation by generating picking slips, forwarding this to stores and following up on large orders to ensure satisfactory delivery to customers.
- Drive weekly sales reporting through ensuring all sales information, quotes and orders are updated on the relevant systems.
- Ensure working order is maintained in offices through overseeing office cleaning, ensuring continuous replenishment of refreshments and stationery, and liaising with utilities providers on any maintenance or restoration of infrastructure.
- Prepare office expense claims.
- Maintain general office administration and reception to ensure a welcoming and efficient office environment.
- Attend to daily shipping requirements- receipt of goods, packing and booking collection with courier.
- Transfer stock from/to relevant stock locations to maintain integrity of the inventory system.
- Coordinate and assist with branch stock takes and stock inquiries
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Grade 12
- 3 years’ experience in office and/or sales administration.
- Sales or related administrative diploma or certification would be considered an advantage
Skills / Knowledge:
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Problem solving ability with attention to detail.
Attitude / Approach:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Accountable and self-motivated.
- Flexible and efficient.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by COB Tuesday, 12 July 2022.
- In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
- Should you not receive feedback within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields