An exciting career opportunity currently exists for a Qualified Surveyor in OPTRON Technical Field Services – based at our Regional Office in Somerset West, South Africa. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Application Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Take ownership of technical support and training to customers on all relevant products/solutions.
- Resolve any reported product/solution issues or malfunctions through following proper diagnostic/troubleshooting steps, as well as standard procedures and protocols, to identify and understand the problem and provide suitable solutions.
- Continuously provide optimal technical customer support whether through field visits or telephonic.
- Ask customers targeted questions during telephonic support to identify the root of the problem.
- Talk customers through suitable/applicable steps and actions to resolve issues when providing telephonic support.
- Ensure all product/solution/customer issues are properly logged, provide timeous reports and manage own field dispatch schedule.
- Continuously build supportive customer relationships.
- Provide technical support to internal staff involved in the sales (i.e. pre-sales support) and implementation of relevant products/solutions.
- Assist with technical presentations at OPTRON product launches and seminars.
- Continuously build and expand on own product knowledge.
- Prepare for customer training through completing a needs analysis of the end users being trained, and compiling training material and agenda accordingly.
- Present technical training, as certified Trimble trainer, to all customers and product end users, on newly acquired products or product upgrades.
Ensure quality control of all products/solutions dispatched to customers.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree/diploma in surveying is compulsory.
- Minimum of 3 years proven field service/support experience.
- Experience in the Geospatial industry will be an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Planning, organising and coordination abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, test and service technical equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal) to provide technical help.
- Understanding of industry/applications/solutions/customer requirements.
- Understanding of solutions implementation and service level support best practice.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office)
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
Attitude / Approach:
- Reliability regarding services offered/promised to customers.
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or e-mail your detailed CV to HR@optron.com by COB 16 November 2022.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields