Are you a dynamic, results-driven electronic technician looking for an exciting career opportunity?
An exciting career opportunity currently exists for an Office Coordinator, based at our Regional Office in Durban, South Africa. The successful candidate will report to the Sales Admin Manager.
Purpose of the Role:
Accountable for upholding sales processes and activities according to defined policies and procedures within OPTRON and act as liaison for sales managers and customers to ensure continuous quality service delivery to customers.
- Fulfil all quote requests from sales managers by capturing quote information on ERP(Sage300)/CRM (Salesforce) systems, verifying items, descriptions, and pricing, obtaining authorization, completing quotes in Sage300 and submitting quotes to sales managers and customers.
- Assist with walk-in sales through efficient and friendly service delivery.
- Convert accepted quotes into active orders using Sage300 and ensure all customer, order and invoice details are correct and continuously kept updated.
- Confirm stock availability to fulfil orders.
- Ensure payment methods and terms are clarified and authorised.
- Complete order generation by generating picking slips, forwarding this to stores and following up on large orders to ensure satisfactory delivery to customers.
- Drive weekly sales reporting through ensuring all sales information, quotes and orders are updated on the relevant systems.
- Ensure working order is maintained in offices through overseeing office cleaning, ensuring continuous replenishment of refreshments and stationery, and liaising with utilities providers on any maintenance or restore of infrastructure,
- Prepare office expense claims, petty cash.
- Maintain general office administration and reception to ensure a welcoming and efficient office environment,
- Receiving and dispatch of equipment via courier (customer notification, packing boxes, booking courier collection, etc)
- Inventory control – Performing stock take, stock transfers.
Requirements of the Role:
Qualifications / Experience
- Grade 12
- 3 years’ experience in office and/or sales administration.
- Sales or related administrative diploma or certification would be considered an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Sage 300 knowledge beneficial
- Problem solving ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Accountable and self-motivated.
- Flexible and efficient.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
OPTRON Group Core Values | Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
Benefits of joining the OPTRON Team
- Exciting opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Access to world class training and the opportunity to grow your career across our diverse portfolio of technologies and disciplines.
Market related remuneration package, including benefits.
If you are ready to take on the challenge and make your mark, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please complete the form below or submit your detailed CV to HR@optron.com
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields